Google my business is a very fast and easy way for small businesses to make their online presence on Google. You can get your business page for free. You need to visit Google my business page and create a account there. At the end of the signup process, Google will verify your business using a 5-6 digit unique verification code. Google send this to you over the phone or via a postcard to confirm that you are owner of business. Once you’ve filled out your basic business info and been verified, Google my Business will add your company’s information to Google local search results.
Google my business offers a lot of benefits to local businesses:
- Create an online presence
- Find new customers
- Allow your current customers to find you online
- Allow reviews from customers and you can respond them
- Create a base of your local seo
Some important points to consider while creating Google my business page:
- Enter your business address carefully
- Use pictures & logo of your business
- Enter accurate business information
- Use good quotes to describe your business
- Keep posting discounts and offers on your business page
- Enter local area code carefully
If you want local search traffic, you need to make sure that you have completed all compulsory effort for that. Google my business can help you to make your online presence but there is more to do. You need to optimize website pages according to local seo techniques. Here are some of suggestions:
- On-site: You should use your key location in various places on website such as content, meta heading and descriptions, title tags, footer etc.
- Off-site: List your website on various local directories and portals.
- Review: Ask customers for reviews on your Google business page. Because positive reviews can provide you huge benefit.
- Share Content: At last continuously share useful content related to your products.