Photo sharing websites are becoming more and more popular now a days. By using a photo sharing site once the photos are uploaded they can be shared around the world in few seconds. Great advantage associated with using photo sharing sites is that you have all of your photos in one place. This is more convenient than storing them on multiple devices like computers, mobiles etc. If you have used any of your own photos or images on your site, then you can share then on many of the major photo sharing websites. It can benefit your website in search engine ranking. People will be able to see your products photos. These websites allows user to comment on photos and see photo link and details. So there will be chances that interested user can follow a link and can visit your site. If we placed alt tag in image then search engine crawler can easily recognize a photo, otherwise never. Here are some useful tips for photo optimization:
- Make image size as small as much as possible.
- Set a descriptive and product related file name before uploading an image.
- Add image caption name.
Some photo sharing site allows their user to upload photos free of cost but many of sites are paid photo sharing sites. Paid photo sharing sites charges a small fee for sign up.
These are some of best photo sharing websites:
- Flickr: Flickr.com is most popular photo sharing site. It’s free to use Flickr or upload photos on Flickr. Photos and videos can be accessed from Flickr without the need to register an account but an account must be made in order to upload content onto the website. It allows user to use 100 MB of storage space per month.
- SmugMug: SmugMug.com is a paid photo sharing website. It allows its user to upload photo and videos. There is not a limit for members on how many photos are stored or uploaded to the site.
- Photobucket: Photobucket.com is an image and video hosting website. Photobucket allows you free photo upload option with the option to upgrade for an annual fee. Free account users receive 2GB storage for photo sharing. If you need to use more space on website then you must upgrade to paid accounts.
- Shutterfly: Shutterfly.com provides its user an Internet-based image publishing service. It allows its user to store photos and create unique greetings with them. There is totally free and unlimited space for users.