Ecommerce industry is set to grow at a never before speed with newer companies launching all types of ecommerce stores selling niche products to everything under the sun on one side and on other side ebay type seller platforms that allow sellers to easily register and start selling their products. More customers are going online and this has created a big demand for e-sellers. For prospective ecommece entrepreneurs who are thinking of ecommerce development solutions, it is important to be aware of some aspects:
- Put Customers in the Focus: Whatever products you plan to sell – make customers the main focus of your ecommerce store. Focus on things such as:
– What drives the customers?
– Can the customers sense how the product would feel like to hold and touch? Can they sense how big it would be?
– How can the customers find products easily?
– What are the questions the customer will have? What is the easiest and best way to answer them.
– How to make myself/sales and support team available for any live customer queries/support?
– What are the competitors doing for their customers?
– What are the competitors NOT doing for their customers and how can you fill this gap and stand out?
These and many more questions you need to ask yourself to make sure you have customers in focus as the ecommerce store success will only depend on how well you cater to your customers/prospective customers as that would drive sales.
- Use the Social Media advantage: Social media is a very powerful marketing tool that every business must explore to its maximum potential. Customers are on social media and thus that is the best place to reach out to them to promote your products and know them better – their likes, expectations, motivations etc., If you do not take the social media advantage early on, your competitors would. At the outset invest time in understanding how your competitors are engaging your target customer group through various social media sites, which social media sites the target customers use most. Have a strategy in place and start a buzz on social media to create a excitement and inquisitiveness about your brand. This will also help in brand building of your brand before hand.
- Make ‘Mobile’ important: As more users are using mobile to access the internet, it is important to keep a mobile site or an app really well done. You would have more users from mobile than from desktop site. So make your mobile site really sleek, user friendly and fast to load.
- Get Analytics in Place: Being proactive about installing analytics that will give you a lot of business intelligence of how your customers are engaging with your website will take your ecommerce business a long way. Seasoned ecommerce website developers and marketers base important decisions based on big data that analytics provide.
- Create a Search Engine Optimization Plan: Make a Search Engine Optimization plan in which you research your keywords, study their competitiveness and the competitiveness of your industry and be aware of what would it take to reach the top of google searches for your products.
- Plan your launch and be ready in advance: Give enough time for the site to be ready, optimized, tested and reviewed by a test group of users such as friends, colleagues and family who can give you some valuable insights before the big launch. Keep time to be comfortably be able to do these things so nothing is left out and everything is properly tested and refined. Ofocurse the testing and updating process does not stop just at the launch phase and continues forever where the ecommerce website developers would look at analytics and tweak pages, copy etc., to get maximum revenue.